Sunday, July 29, 2012

A forgotten talk between John and Beth

Well, we are in the safe house. Luckily, someone is also here to help with Hunter. John and I spoke frankly last night when we got here. I was still a little tired and sore but I wanted to know. So he sat on the steps up to the bed area with his head in his hands. I just had to ask. "John, are you apart of this? Did you try to have me killed?" No answer. So I went and stood in front of him and asked again. This time he looked up at me and said, " When we fought after the Brazil situation. I remember staring out at the pond and saying to no one. I wish she was dead. But Beth it was heat of the moment anger. I didn't mean it. I wouldn't have said it if I had known that someone was listening. He continued, You had just told me that if I ever talked or saw her again that you would take Hunter from me. What do you think I was feeling?" " I know I shouldn't have used him to do that but I was so upset that you were still seeing her. John from the first you had told me that you were faithful to me. You knew I was going on trips with Jackie and Rosemary and that those trips included being with men. I didn't lie to you. You lied to me. I am sorry that I used Hunter and no I won't stop you from seeing him. But if you leave me for her, it will be under court supervision and never overnight." He pulled me close and said, "Beth, I won't leave you for her. I haven't been with her since before the Brazil incident. I know I disappeared this summer but I was in Ireland. He looked sheepishly at me. I went to our house in Ireland and spent some time there. I wasn't with anyone. Don't worry the nanny wasn't there either." "What about the Scotland trip. Where were you for two days?" "I met up with Francesca, but nothing happened. I had Hunter. I wouldn't do that with my son around." He looked a little upset by that thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment